OBJECTIVE: When the grains are mature, the leaves stay green
- Maturity of sorghum is achieved when grain humidity is 30% (wet grain use) with norm at 16%
- Cut as high as possible panicles (harvest only panicle)
- For late harvest, do not delay. More risk of re-humidification of grain and decreasing quality
- Do not harvest stem or leaves with increasing grain humidity and slow harvest
- Possibility to use defoliant, but not an accelerator of maturity only to destroy leaves.
To find out more, download our sorghum brochure: click here