Since 1975, Lidea soybean research has been producing improved varieties in terms of yield and protein content for each climate zone in Europe and for each market segment (FEED and FOOD). Our numerous research stations and trial locations all over Europe allow us to select the best varieties in terms of yield, protein content but also resistance to lodging, disease and pod shattering for each climate area.
VARIETIES SUITABLE FOR EACH CLIMATE CONDITION
Discover the full range of Lidea varieties.
When you choose the Lidea soybean range, you can be sure you're growing certified seed. The use of certified seed is becoming essential for farmers seeking to make a profit. Consumer demand for vegetable proteins is rising, leading to a sharp increase in soybean acreage.
In addition, today's consumers require animals to be fed with non-GMO soybean meal. Soybean must be origin-controlled and fully traceable from the farm to the plate.
ADVANTAGES OF certified seed
HIGH QUALITY SEED GUARANTEE
- Varietal purity (>99%), germination (>80%), allowing maximum soybean emergence and growth to obtain optimal yield.
STRICT WEED CONTROL
- (Including invasive weeds such as Cuscuta, Avena, etc.), avoiding the contamination of cultivated fields and making weed management easier and cheaper.
STRICT CONTROL OF OTHER CROPS
- To avoid the presence of gluten crop seed so that soy food companies can offer gluten-free products
- To avoid the presence of sunflower seed and especially Clearfield resistant seeds that cannot be treated by Pulsar®
STRICT CONTROL OF DISEASES
- In seed production (e.g. Diaporthe, mosaic virus, Phytophthora, etc).
- Providing a guarantee for soybean food or feed companies in relation to specific product characteristics (e.g., high protein content, grain colour, etc.).
- For the farmer’s whole field and the industry.
R&D INVESTMENT AND GENETIC PROGRESS
- Purchasing certified seed contributes to R&D investment and genetic progress to increase yield, protein content and quality, disease tolerance, etc. This will ensure that soybean remains a sustainable and competitive crop for farmers and industries over the long term.
SOYBEAN CROP ADVANTAGES
- Does not require nitrogen due to the inoculated rhizobium.
- Low needs in terms of fungicides and insecticides.
- PROTEIN: soybean is the crop with the highest quantity of protein/ha in the world. It provides an average protein content of 40-45% of dry matter and all the essential amino acids needed to fulfil human and animal nutritional requirements.
- OIL: around 20%. Soybean is a source of high-quality vegetable oil for human food, animal feed and biodiesel.
- MINOR COMPONENTS: lecithin, tocopherols, saponins, glycerol and phytosterols. Soybean has potential benefits for human health due to its anti-oxidant effects.
AN EXCELLENT CROP FOR ROTATION
- To leave residual nitrogen in the soil for subsequent crops
- To break certain weed cycles
- To limit mycotoxins in cereals
- To manage certain diseases (e.g. Diabrotica on corn roots).
AN EXCELLENT CROP FOR ALL USES
Animal feed, human food, biodiesel, industrial applications, etc. Soybean has become a strategic crop to respond to the growing global demand for proteins and to make European protein independence possible.