PREPARE THE SOIL TO OBTAIN GOOD ESTABLISHMENT WITH FAST EMERGENCE
OBJECTIVE: OBTAIn good soil structure and seed-bed
- Favour deep tillage (ploughing or tine tools) for good root development.
- In superficial soil, possible with a good structure of the soil at depth. Avoid soil that is too superficial to optimise the potential of this cereal.
- Limit the number of passes to avoid smoothing and compaction of the soil.
- Cloddy soil could disrupt seed germination.
- In loamy soils, sorghum is very susceptible particularly after planting.
To find out more, download our sorghum brochure: click here