PREPARE THE SOIL TO GET A GOOD ESTABLISHMENT WITH A FAST EMERGENCE
OBJECTIVE: Get a good soil structure and a good seed-bed
- Prefer deep tillage (plowing or tooth tools) for a good roots development
- In superficial soil, possible with a good structure of the soil in Depth. Avoid too superficial soil to optimize the potential of this cereal.
- Limit the number of passage to avoid smoothing and compaction of the soil
- A cloddy soil could disrupt seed germination
- In loamy soils, sorghum is very susceptible particularly after planting
To know deeper, download our sorghum brochure: click here